The overwhelming majority of the project will be funded using private funds. However, the school district recognizes ownership in the current stadium and the related routine maintenance required. In partnership with the community, the district has discussed making available funding for relocating the stadium at a comparable amount to the money that would have been budgeted to perform routine maintenance on the existing stadium.
The total project cost is $835,000. The total project cost does not include the concession building, which has anticipated funding through in-kind donations. The project has the support of the Mineral Point Alumni Foundation, Mineral Point Gridiron Club, school administration and a dedicated steering committee.
COMPLETED as of August 2018
• Press Box
• Electrical transformer and service connections
• Light Pole Bases
• Blasting for Sewer and Water Lines
• Goal Posts
• Bleacher Footings
• Paving Parking Lot and Under Bleachers
• Site Work – Concrete Curb, Sidewalk, Walls, Stairs, and Grading of Field
• Survey and Engineer Design
• Perimeter fencing
• Concession building